Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Frequency calibration with Bandpass filters and AG(Antenna Genuis

Options

This weekend I was on 6 meter FT8 and was having a discussion with a local ham friend. He noticed that I was transmitting on 877 hz in WSJT-X - my computer showed 1000 hz, as I like to always go the nearest 100 hz. After checking at 10 mhz I realized that I was off by about 23 hz.

Refering to manual I performed the calibration and still was off by my 23 hz. I also noticed that I was receiving no signal at 15 mhz . Realizing I had a 20 meter bandpass filter in line through the AG , I removed antenna 1 and connected it to my 80 meter inverted vee, saw a 15mhz signal and successfully completed the calibration.

Realizing that the AG would select the 20 meter bandpass and filter in the future, I then added 2 lines in the AG adding frequencies for WWV and GEN allowing the AG to select an antenna not using bandpass filter. I have attached picture of my AG configuration with the added frequencies for WWV at 15 mhz and GEN for general coverage or shortwave listening. I may extend the General coverage up to the limits of the Flex receiver.

Hope this might help someone else. I am constantly learning something new and really enjoy my Flex products!

73 de Bill WW5M

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.