Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Yet Another Display Issue with My 6600M

Options

It was 0230 hours here in Weston, VT and I came down to the shack this morning to prepare and set-up for Field Day operations. I started the radio and no display. The display was completely blank and black.  Even the small external monitor I have connected to the 6600M was blank too.

I waited five minutes and shut the radio off. Then I waited another five minutes and started the radio again with the same results. 

So, I pulled up the email I received from Ken when I had my previous display issue and review the instructions on how to reset the display. I figured what do I have to lose. 

I pressed & held the LOCK A & F1 buttons for at least 5 seconds. Nothing at all happened. 

So I shut the radio off and waited five minutes and turn the radio on. This time the display was working and the radio booted successfully.

I'm leaving the radio on the remainder of the weekend (weather permitting) so I can work Field Day. Then I'll cycle the radio and see if the issue returns. 

What a way to start Field Day 2022!

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Field Day is next weekend, June 25 - 26.

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭
    Options

HA!

Yes, I just knew someone would say that ...

I know FD is next week ...

I have a new computer and was going to spend my early morning today getting fldigi set up for RTTY & PSK operations and NOT wait until the last minute like I usually do ...

When the 6600M display decided not to show up I just rolled my eye because I just got the radio back from FLEX and had the original display replaced ...

Just what I need before FD ... another radio issue ...

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭
    Options

There have been zero display failures since reporting this issue to the Community ...

I must have scared the radio after reporting this issue ... My guess is the radio does not want to be sent back to Texas ...

Also, on another note, I upgraded to 3.3.32 yesterday ... without issue ...

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭
    Options

Well I came down to the shack and booted the radio ... no display ... I tried three times with the same results ... I can still operate the radio as SSDR runs w/o issue ... I just can't see anything on the radio. Even the external display I have connected is blank ...

Normally I would try and perform a reset of the display ... but I can't see anything on the screen so I'm SOOL ...

So, I performed a Cold Boot & Factory Reset ...

The display is back ...

I'm glad I have the display working again ... however, what's up? Flex has already replaced the display ...

I've gone from having a display that looks like **** ... getting it replaced ... and now I have a display that sometimes works ...

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭
    Options

Well this issue has not gone away ... Put in a ticket yesterday and I shipped the radio back to Austin ... Let's see what they find this time ...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.