Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Changing ISP ?

Ed Stallman
Ed Stallman Member ✭✭

I thinking of changing ISP . My Question is once I have the new ISP installed in the house. Will disconnecting my router from my old ISP to the New ISP be simple ? Or will I be spending time reconfiguring IP addresses for my 2 computers and 2 Flex radios ? Will my router need resetting ? I know I could make the change to see what happens .. I can make it all work again with time and may be help from the community . I'm asking to know what to expect before I make the change .

Thanks Ed N5DG

Answers

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭

It depends. Do you own your own router? There's a chance it might work on your new isp without hassle. If you're renting a router/modem, you're likely to have to reconfigure everything. You didn't give many details!

73 Martin AA6E

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

I´d like to add that you should make suer the new ISP supports IPV4 . Several ISP´s will nowadays only give out IPV6 with nattet IPV4 and that likely does not work with SSDR . We have had that here for 2 Guys. They needed to buy an option for native IPV4.

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭

Martin , All the info the there . I said (Will disconnecting my router)

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭

Ha Gei, google search shows T-Mobile home internet. " they are locked in ipv6 ONLY mode and cannot be changed" I better stick with my slow ISP that I have now .

Thanks Ed N5DG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.