Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

radio.GUIClientAdded - Is this even necessary?

KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I am fooling around with a little utility (non-GUI client) using C# with FlexLib. So far it is working great, but when adding a second GUI client, the radio.GUIClientUpdated event fires when I connect a client. I find that I don't need to use radio.GUIClientAdded at all. Am I missing something here? Things are working, so I am just asking this out of curiosity.

These are all the GUIClient events that I am coding for. At the moment, Added is commented out and Updated is doing all the work.

//radio.GUIClientAdded += new Radio.GUIClientAddedEventHandler(_thisRadio_GUIClientAdded);
radio.GUIClientUpdated += new Radio.GUIClientUpdatedEventHandler(_thisRadio_GUIClientUpdated);
radio.GUIClientRemoved += new Radio.GUIClientRemovedEventHandler(_thisRadio_GUIClientRemoved);
Tagged:

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Len

I have done a lot of work with multiple Non-GUI Flex Clients. It may be easier if we talk.

e-mail me to set up a call.

Alan. WA9WUD

a.alan.blind@gmail.com

• KD0RC

Hi Alan, thanks for taking the time to call me today, I really appreciate it!

Here is a pic of my "sampler" C# Forms program that uses FlexLib. This is my testbed for features and functionality, not a program that does anything really useful. In this example, I connected my TeensyMaestro as a GUI client (normal usage is non-GUI). Notice that I have the proper slice names (A in this case) and to eliminate confusion, the bound client names are displayed with the slice info. Whoever logs on first is on the left panel. Double-clicking the station name in the listbox binds to that GUI client.

I suppose one value of a program like this is in a MultiFlex situation, both stations can see where the other is operating.

My actual project is just starting but uses a lot of the code from the sampler. Once I get something useful working, I will post back here.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Good to talk today.

Looks nice, Len

Alan. WA9WUD

• KD0RC

@Eric-KE5DTO Hi Eric, do you have any insights into my original question? I am wondering if there is a bug in the Flexlib radio.GUIClientAdded event handler or if I am just not using it correctly.

I can get everything to work using the radio.GUIClientUpdated event handler, but not the radio.GUIClientAdded event handler which is why I am asking.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.