Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Help required for SDC Skimmer for Flex

Options
13»

Answers

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yuri, those are the commands used by the Maestro to transmit CW. Still the sidetone must be generated somehow locally, as the Maestro does.

• UT4LW
    UT4LW Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi!

I would like to ask for help from my esteemed colleagues.

When controlling the slice tuning frequency, the center frequency of the panorama is often changed. This leads to constant resetting of all decoders in the skimmer program. Also it can lead to IQ stream out of the frequency plan.

Q: Can I get an IQ stream that will not be linked to a SmartSDR panorama?

• UT4LW
    UT4LW Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi!

I want to implement audio stream transmit via SmartSDR-API (UDP). This will make it easier to use SDC-Contest in macOS.

Where can I find such documentation? You can e-mail ut4lw-at-yahoo-dot-com.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you asking about a list of Flex API TCP commands?

There is a section in the Flex WiKi for this: https://github.com/flexradio/smartsdr-api-docs/wiki/SmartSDR-TCPIP-API

In the list of TCP commands:

Alan. WA9WUD

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

And, here is the link for the full WiKi

Alan

• UT4LW
    UT4LW Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Alan!

I see a lot of interesting information. Hopefully, I'll find some answers.

Questions I want to ask before studying the documentation:

• What UDP port number does the transceiver open to receive DAX-TX datagrams?
    • Is the CALLBACK process used to send datagrams, or do I have to define the time at which to send datagrams myself?
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do not know for sure, most of my knowledge is on the TCP side.

I recommend this Programming Primer, as a good read. It is dated, but the general concepts are still good.

Alan

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

From the Primer:

Setting the UDP streaming port

In a multi-client environment each client needs its own UDP streaming port if it wants to receive streamed data. Most clients will want streaming data. It includes, for example, meter values such as signal strength, power output, etc. The default streaming port is 4991 and that is fine if you will be in the unusual position of being the only client talking to the radio. In most practical cases you’ll need to set the port to something else.

Generally, it makes sense to set the streaming port at the beginning of a session. The following command is sent on the TCP port:

c<command_number>|client udpport <port#>

e.g.

You may not know what UDP ports are already in use, so it’s a good idea to first find a free port. Try starting at, say, 4993, test the port and keep moving up by one until you find a few port.

The radio will respond with R1|0|

At this point, you will start receiving streaming data on the specified port. Make sure you’ve initialised the port!

• UT4LW
    UT4LW Member ✭✭
    Options

There's talk about transmitting audio streams out of the transceiver, I have already studied this topic and implemented it in my skimmers.

But I'm interested in transmitting an audio stream into the transceiver.

Thank you, Alan, for trying to help me. Too bad there is no documentation. I have to look for answers to questions in someone else's examples.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

KC2G made an open source Linux based Flex DAX application.

Perhaps you can see how he returns (TX DAX) the audio stream to the Flex Server (radio).

Alan. WA9WUD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.