Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Max Power

Options
WA5YOM
WA5YOM Member ✭✭

When I operate 40 meters on my bazooka, the tuner genius gives me a max ouptput error at 1kw......and on the power display it indicates on the bargraph, in small red letters, MAX POWER at the 1KW mark....

It doesn't do this on any other antenna....

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

It could be the reactance the antenna is presenting to the tuner. What is the SWR with tuner in bypass?

I suggest opening a support ticket but you might have a delay in getting a response as quite a few of the Flex staff are at Xenia.

Dave wo2x

• Gordon, ve7on
    Gordon, ve7on Member ✭✭
    Options

I had similar problems with mine. I found that the length of the cable between the PGXL and TGXL made a big difference. Short cables were worse. I ended up with a cable about 10 feet long and the problem has gone away.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.