Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Griffin Powermate Bluetooth iOS iPad

I’m new. Just purchased my first Flex 6400.
Using my new iPad Air 5th gen with the Flex SDR App.
I just purchased a used Griffin Powermate Bluetooth to use as a tuner however when I turn or press the button it blinks red. I can’t find the manual online, and it didn’t come with one.

How do I get this device into Bluetooth pairing mode?
Anyone that has one can you help please?
Thanks!

Comments

• David N4IW
    David N4IW Member ✭✭

Here is a link to what might be the manual. Found this using Google.

https://manualzz.com/doc/7316298/griffin-technology-powermate-bluetooth-owner-s-manual

• KA9RCM
    KA9RCM Member
    Thanks for the response, however been there, done that. This is the error message I get with that link. It will not load.

Message: Unexpected server response (429) while retrieving PDF
  • ka9ees
    ka9ees Fithian IL USAMember ✭✭✭

Email Marcus,

He'll help you. Check and make sure that the battery isn't dead.

• Dewey W0YWW
    Dewey W0YWW Member ✭✭

That link works here

• KA9RCM
    KA9RCM Member
    > @ka9ees said:
    > Email Marcus,
    > He'll help you. Check and make sure that the battery isn't dead.

Batteries are brand new. Who is Marcus. How do I get ahold of him?
  • KA9RCM
    KA9RCM Member
    > @"Dewey W0YWW" said:
    > That link works here

Can you download and email it to me. I’m using an iPad here and it won’t load. My email is callsign @gmail.com.
  • Dewey W0YWW
    Dewey W0YWW Member ✭✭

The link works, it's the download that doesn't, so what you need to do, is to print the document to a .pdf file, which the website allows.

I've sent you an email, with .pdf attachment. The .pdf document size is 5MB, so download may take awhile for you. Anyone else needs a copy, let me know.

73, Dewey, WØYWW

• KA9RCM
    KA9RCM Member
    Thanks Dewey! All I got was a spinning wheel on 2 diff browsers.

Anyhow. Now have manual. Still can’t get it connected to my iPad. Still looking for help.
  • KA9RCM
    KA9RCM Member
    So problem solved.

Apparently the Powermate doesn’t connect under Bluetooth like normal devices do on the iPad.

You have to follow the SDR Tools manual and connect to it using the Flex SDR tool software app on the iPad. Once it connects in the flex SDR APP then it shows up under Bluetooth in settings on the iPad.

Thanks for everyone’s help!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.