Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius - Auto Tune

Options

Just starting to use my new TGXL. I am migrating from a Palstar HF Auto. Will the TGXL automatically look for a better tuning solution when I move to another frequency? All my antennas are in the neighborhood of < 5:1 SWR with my Quad being better than 1.75:1 on all bands. I am also using Antenna Genius.

Is it necessary for me to "map" each band or is there a way for the PGXL to map itself once I land on a new frequency where say the SWR is 1.9:1 I am not seeing the TGXL automatically go into tune mode.

Thanks

Jim

NX3Z

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

You go through the tuning for each antenna on each band once, then the tuner will use the tuning values closest to your operating frequency for the antenna in use.

Let me explain further - there are 10 memories per band and it can save tuning for up to 4 antennas per band.

Dave wo2x

• James Eastham Jr
    James Eastham Jr Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok thanks one other question under what circumstances are memories wiped or lost?

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

If you do a factory reset.

To do factory reset hold the Stby button on front of tuner and turn on power switch. Continue to hold button until front panel says Reset Config. You will need to set up tuner again, including radio settings and programming tuner memories.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.