Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JS8Call changing mode

PaulB
PaulB Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Third-Party Software

I am using JS8Call and have it set to "USB" for the radio control. The options are USB and Data. If I select "USB" the mode on the flex is changed to USB (not DIGU) and drops digital mode. If select "Data/PKT" in JS8 then flex assumes LSB (40m standard) and then I am in DIGL which is obviously not correct.

I tried to set a memory for that frequency and use DIGU and when you select that memory, it sets that mode. But as soon as JS8 transmits, it changes it to DIGL (if Data/PKT is selected in JS8) or USB (if USB is selected in Js8).

Is there anyway to keep the flex from changing the default USB/LSB automatically?

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hmmmm... this sounds like a problem with the call the JS8 software is making via the Flex API's (or through the CAT commands). I don't work with JS8, but does it have a 'rig configuration' selection/drop-down? What rig have you selected?

• PaulB
    PaulB Member ✭✭

It's a little convuluted because I'm running Linux and using nDAX for audio. I was using FLRIG as my radio control, and selecting "FLRIG" as my radio (the radio is defined as a TS-2000 in FLRIG).

Currently, however I think I have a workaround. I was trying to use FLRIG for it's functionality, but have been using nCAT now (which isn't my first choice for rig control due to the limitations of it only supporting hamlib at the moment) and it doesn't change the mode on me. It's just using hamlib restricts me from using things ARDOP now with the configuration I have.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.