SmartSDR v3.3.33 and the SmartSDR v3.3.33 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.8.1 and the SmartSDR v2.8.1 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.7.28 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.7.28
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.16 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.16
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
PreSonus Eris E3.5 Powered Studio Monitors
After receiving my Flex 6400, I quickly learned the unpowered speaker I had used with my IC-7300 wasn't going to cut it and I could not stand the latency of my internal Mac speakers. It took over a week for them to arrive but I ordered a pair of the PreSonus Eris E3.5 3.5" (sub) speakers. I must say that I am quite pleased with them.
They are a little bigger than I would have liked measuring approximately 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 x 6-1/2" H x W x D but the sound is really good.
Having an external Bluetooth adapter, I opted for the non-BT version of the speakers saving $40. I do not use the BT adapter with the Flex. In my experience, BT introduces enough latency during video playback that the sync between audio and lip movement is annoying to me. I get that it doesn't bother some people. It bothers me. However, the BT adapter is nice for listening to music or audio books.
What do I like?
- Front jacks for aux in and head phones. The BT adapter gets plugged into aux in and my Bose headphones get plugged into the head phone jack.
- Balanced input using 1/4" plugs.
- Unbalanced input using RCA plugs.
- Tone control (that I don't use allowing the device output to adjust).
- Separate volume control on the front.
- Power switch on the front.
What do I not like?
- Included RCA-to-TRS is about 6' - too short for my install. I wound up buying an aftermarket Hosa RCA-to-TRS 10' cable.
- I have to turn the volume up all the way and then adjust the volume on SmartSDR. Well, I don't guess I have to. I choose to do it that way. It just seems easier that way.
I am no audiophile by any stretch of the imagination but for about $100 these are some really good sounding powered speakers. However, we all know what opinions are like. 😉
Joel - W4JBB
Leave a Comment
- 19.6K All Categories
- 169 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 347 The Flea Market
- 6.5K Software
- 5.6K SmartSDR for Windows
- 99 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 258 SmartSDR for Mac
- 204 SmartSDR for iOS
- 194 SmartSDR CAT
- 131 DAX
- 327 SmartSDR API
- 8.1K Radios and Accessories
- 6.6K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 660 Maestro
- 34 FlexControl
- 799 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 531 Genius Products
- 305 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 191 Tuner Genius XL
- 35 Antenna Genius
- 154 Shack Infrastructure
- 102 Networking
- 266 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 104 Contesting
- 403 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 100 Amateur Radio Interests
- 672 Third-Party Software