Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problems connecting direct with the Maestro or on the network

I did not see anything regarding my issue, so I apologize if this has been talked about before.
My Flex 6400 was working flawlessly last week until I decided to move some things around. I turned the radio off and then unplugged it from the power supply. When I was done I reconnected everything, and turned the radio back on. I connected with the Maestro through the network and with my computer not using SmartLink. Everything seemed to be working.
Later that night I noticed that SmartLink was not an option on my iPhone so I checked my computer and same thing. I could still connect locally at this point. I tried rebooting the routers (EERO router) and restarting the Flex itself with no change. I then went out to the shack and tried the Maestro and it said the the radio was not registered, so I tried to reregister. It said that it denied the registration. I tried this many times with no change, and cannot register the radio.
Days later I noticed after changing ethernet cables and direct plug in bypassing the switch, that where the ethernet cable plugs in on the back of the radio only the green light was on no yellow flashing light. I figured no internet even though everything else hardwired had internet, so I rebooted the network again along with the radio again. Now I cannot connect locally through the network at all. I direct connected right to the back of the radio with the ethernet cable from the Maestro with different cables and I cannot connect to the radio even without using the network. My network does not see the Flex 6400 but it does see the Maestro. Both are hardwired and not on WiFi.
Is it possible that the Ethernet card has gone out on the radio and if so can I change it?

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Curt

Question, to help troubleshoot.

When you say, "My network does not see the Flex 6400 but it does see the Maestro", could you provide more information on what you observe, regarding "does not see"?

For example, are you looking at your router client list?. Are you not seeing the Flex discovery being recognized by your Flex or Smart SDR?

Alan. WA9WUD. LPHS 1972

• Curt_AC9HO
    Curt_AC9HO Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the question, When I say does not see the Flex 6400 I do mean the list of connected devices. The Maestro no longer sees the radio whether directly connected or when both are plugged into the network. Does that help at all?

Curt AC9HO LPHS 1996
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Curt - I sent you my phone number to your QRZ e-mail.

Call me.

Alan

• Curt_AC9HO
    Curt_AC9HO Member ✭✭

Update...The issue has been fixed through the update that Flex Radio released today 4/26/22.

Alan, thank you for all your assistance! Before calling you I couldn't even use the radio, and once you did some troubleshooting, I could at least use the radio here at home. The update that was released fixed the remote from anywhere issue, so now the radio is working to full capacity. Thank You!

Curt AC9HO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.