Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600 and Multiple Instances of WSJT-X

Juergen
Juergen Member ✭✭
After using all 4 slices for 4 instances of WSJT-X without any problems since a couple of weeks I experience the following problem now from time to time: one RX-stream, e.g. RX 3, is suddenly replacing another RX stream in a different instance, e.g. RX 4 (audio setting RX4). The settings in WSJT-X are as before, the DAX settings, e.g. stream numbers, for the different slices did not change either (I always double checked).

It looks that changing the band might have an impact if this problem is showing up or not, but this could be a random effect as well.

A restart of SMARTSDR together with DAX and CAT as well as WSJT-X solves the problem at start up but for a limited time only. It is failing again after 10 - 15 min (i.e. wrong assignment of the virtual soundcard).

I am running the latest versions of SMART SDR, DAX, CAT and WSJT-X, Windows 10, no overload of CPU or RAM according to Windows Task Manager (and iOBIT Advanced System Care monitoring). The network quality is good, i.e. all bars are shown in green. There is no problem in time delays as well according to the DT figures displayed by WSJT-X. The instances of WSJT-X are using the TCP connections of CAT for controlling the different slices.

I reduced the number of instances from 4 to 2, but the same problem showed up after some time. I could not verify yet, if a similar problem exists if there is only 1 instance of WSJT-X.

It would be good to know how to solve this topic (the next FT4-contest is on April 11 on 80, 40 and 20 (RSGB), under normal circumstances the Flex could be used as very good set up.

Juergen, DL8LE
Tagged:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.