Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX Profile

Options
Steph
Steph Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Hi,

I have a Flex-6600M and a PA Expert 1k-fa.

I have created a TX profile in which I have the input from the Flex for the PA, band by band.

So, I am on one band, TX Profile PA, and Operate engaged.

When I change bands, I stay under the Profile PA, but the power goes back to 100w.

By disengaging the Operate, the Flex returns to the PWR as I defined it in my TX Profile PA.

Any ideas?

73 de Steph, F5NZY.

PS: The TX Profile is edited under SmartSDR (remote).

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

I have the same issue with my 1KFa amp. It's said to be because this old amp has poorly written software. SPE haven't and probably never will upgrade the software.

With the 1.3 KFa with it's never software I never had this problem. I guess we just have to live with it.

73, GL, Johan

Ps. I see you are using remoterig. I use the same and have RC-1216H for amplifier control. Same thing, glitches with the 1KFa, not with 1.3KFa.

Answers

• Steph
    Steph Member ✭✭
    Options

OK.

Many thanks John.

73 de Steph, F5NZY.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not having that amp, can only suggest. FRstack memories retain a lot more values than profiles. Since it is free, maybe try it, setting a (Favorite) memory for each band.

• Steph
    Steph Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Johan,

I come back to the problem between Flex and 1K-FA.

When you say:

-'it's said to be because this old amp has poorly written software.'

I have used my 1k-fa with TRX ICOM, Yaesu, Kenwood and Elecraft, I never had the problem.

When I put in a PWR input and change bands, never encountered any power change, OPERATE engaged, or not.

73 de Steph, F5NZY.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.