Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MOX for TX with noise burst on key up

I can TX to my satisfaction. I have one problem.

When I use MOX on the remote PC there is a short burst of static that is transmitted at the first part of the TX. One half second at most. Clicking MOX again for stopping TX there is no TX noise like at key up. This happens every time I use MOX to TX via the remote PC.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Pat K7PWE

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Pat

In my case, I use Flex Control to operate the Radio MOX. The Flex Control buttons are very noisy (audio-wise) when pushed.

I found the microphone was picking up the Flex Control Switch (MOX) audio sound from the tabletop and giving a brief but strong burst of audio in the mid-range.

Assuming you have the average audio sound latency when operating remote, and assuming you may have a TX delay time set, the MOX switch noise reaches the Flex RF at about the exact moment.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭

Alan,

I do not have a TX time delay set. A problem?

Pat

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Not a problem, just a possible explanation for the burst of noise.

If yours may be the same, look at how to isolate the PTT switch audio noise from the microphone input.

Alan

• Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭

Ok, thanks. Not sure how to but will look into it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.