Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Persistence or not?

Options

Whenever I re-boot my 6600M it seems to always start up in the different mode than it was in when I shut it down. Is there something I have to do to enable persistence?

Also related to persistence: the IF filters are not saved when moving from band to band. The SELECTION of filter is; e.g. 3000 Hz, but if I change it slightly, say 100 - 3100 Hz, it is reset to 0-3000 Hz every time I change bands (with WSJT-X).

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.

Comments

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Those settings are saved in profiles, check out the SmartSDR user manual to see which settings are saved in which profiles, persistance settings are also listed.

• va7qi
    va7qi Member ✭✭
    Options

They SHOULD be according to the manual. The stock filters are saved, but if I vary the filter, for instance to shift the filter 100 Hz, the modified filter is NOT saved.

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

HI Erik, when you shut your 6600M off, do you use the power switch or do you turn off the power supply?

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited March 2022
    Options

When you choose Flex Radio 6xxx for radio and data/pkt for mode in WSJT-X then WSJT-X will set mode (DIGIU) and RX bandwidth (0-3000) when you use the pull down for frequencies in WSJT-X or use the mode selector to choose between FT4 and FT8 in WSJT-X

Reason is that is standard bandwidth for FTx frequencies. It uses the Hamlib library to talk to the radio which has capabilities to set mode and bandwidth. So it is WSJT-X commanding the radio to set RX BW

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.