Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 6400 will not recognize the usb cable to my relay board. ?

Options

I have A usb cable like the type printers use pluged into the board . I have a power light on the board but the flex dosent see the cable { or the board }. Any ideas.

thanks

Best Answer

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

I believe the Flex will only recognize FTDI chipset USB/Serial (or bit- parallel) devices.

Answers

• keith hertzog
    keith hertzog Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Ted, I have been beating myself up over my lack of understanding of what FTDI was. I was thinking that it was something in the cable itself as far as controlling the relay board was concerned. Your use of the word "chipset" put me in the right direction. I didnt think to search FTDI - daaaa . Now i understand. thank you very much. I had my head stuck in a special cable configuration. Again Thank you.

73 Keith N3SVB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.