Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote setup 6500

Paul F6EXV
Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Hi all

We are still struggling a lot with this setup. When something works, it creates something not working....

The 6500 radio is at my QTH. Earlier in our attemps to setup a remote control station, I had no sidetone when the other user was transmitting. We probably changed something unwillingly, because now, when he transmits, I can hear the sidetone. I do not want to hear it. What setting could this be related to, and where (his or my station) ,

We tested PC audio on or off : with PC audio on at his side, I cannot hear band activity, but when he sends CW using CWX, I hear the sidetone of his CW. With PC audio off at his side, I can hear both band noise and his CW.

So, what to do so that I hear nothing when he is operating ?

Thanks + 73

Paul F6EXV

Tagged:

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Paul

You do not say from which device you are hearing the unwanted CW sidetone.

Assuming you meant to say the Flex Radio is the source of the unwanted audio, when the other client was transmitting, there are two settings to look at in Smart SDR. These are used to set up which client gets control of the local Flex Radio.

Settings>>multiplex and Settings>Radio Setup>RX.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Hi AQlan

I was not aware of that menu, and, of course, that cured the problem ! MANY thanks !

Paul F6EXV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.