Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SteppIR and 6600 Communication Problem

I have a SteppIR 2000 Controller and a Flex 6600. I had the SDA 2000 auto tracking the frequency on the flex and it worked perfectly for 6 months. A couple of weeks ago we had a brief power outage, maybe 10 seconds, and the next day when I went to get on the air the Auto Tracking was not working. I tried replacing the USB/Serial cable with what I had before the problem and it didn't solve the issue. The SDA 2000 is not showing a fault code. The 6600 is powered by an Astron 35M power supply, the SDA 2000 is plugged into the line conditioner of a UPS that powers the internet in case of a power loss, and the antennas were all unplugged. The control cable to the SteppIR goes through an I.C.E. surge suppressor on it's way to the antenna. I'm wondering is there a way to verify that the USB ports on the Flex 6600 are still working properly?

Best Answer

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Jim

You did not mention checking the transceiver settings in the SDA2000. It should be set for Kenwood, 9600 baud.

I found in some cases, the SDA2000 will turn the transceiver interface off.

Also, make sure the "auto track" is turned on from the front panel of the SDA2000.

Alan. WA9WUD

Answers

• JimStuder
    JimStuder Member ✭✭

You are a genius! It was set to Kenwood but for some reason the baud rate changed to 19200. I shifted to 9600 and everything is back to normal! Thanks so much for your help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.