Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Christmas Gift?

K1UO Larry
K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Amateur Radio Interests

Twas 2 days before Christmas and all through the house

Flex Patrons were waiting for a new SSDR version release

even our pet mouse!

Merry Christmas and a Happy, Prosperous new year to Flex and all their elves!

Comments

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

We have all been bad. Coal in the stocking this year!

Merry Christmas!

• Ted S
    Ted S Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021

The good news is that FLEX is still adding new products to the amateur line, PGXL and most recently TGXL, both of them look groundbreaking. So, there are still serious investment in the Amateur product line. Although in the price class of the PGXL, I will spring for a new tower and antenna stack at the remote site first.

However, given Flex hasn't been able to muster the resources to get the Maestro redesigned in the past year, I would be really surprised if any SSDR updates are anywhere on the horizon. I have been eagerly waiting for the new Maestro, credit card in hand since February 2021.

Ted, WR4T

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

The PGXL and TGXL have been in the pipeline for several years. Many waited quite a while for them to actually start shipping. Nothing new has been announced in a long time. The last update to SmartSDR was in June of this year and was a bug fix for SmartLink and the SD card problems. None of the basic features have been improved upon in years. Had the problem with SmartLink and the SD cards not shown up, I doubt there would have been an update back in June. Personally, I feel that the only way to get problems in basic features fixed now, is to find a workaround on your own as I have had to do. I feel Flex Radio is more focused on their government contracts than their Amateur radio products and software. I am glad they have those contracts. But, it has taken away resources from their Amateur radio products.

Merry Christmas!

James

WD5GWY

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

A new version of SmartSDR definitely would have nice Chrismtmas present (or by Dayton perhaps?! :) Heck, even a Christmas edition of the Insider would have been nice, but I'm guessing FRS have been plenty busy.

Like many other Flex equipment owners I continue to hope we eventually see SSDR improvements and new features trickle down to the amateur community from Flex commercial efforts (as mentioned in a previous Insider).

Many thanks to JP, Ken, Mike, Dan and all the rest at the FRS and 403A teams their excellent products and support. Best wishes for 2022.

Butch KF4HR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.