Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Filter 2700-400 HZ Default

Hello everyone

could you also check if the same thing happens?

my operating mode is with 2400 hz ssb and 500 hz cw filters. it seems that when I often change the band and mode I find the filters repositioned in Default 2700 hz and 400 hz mode so I have to reset them according to my modalities

tnx in advance lou

Comments

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Bandwidth settings are saved in Global Profiles not Persistence. I create Global Profiles for differant Band, Mode and Panadapter layouts.

• IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭

thank you very much for your intervention to my post. although I believe this form of thinking is not that useful. but that's okay.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

FRstack will remember the settings in its memories. A free download, it contains many useful features, like Most Recently Used (MRU), where it remembers all the setting for a frequency, up to 10 per band. The memories can also be saved permanently for later use, and some can be saved as favorites, with labels like 20M ssb or 40M cow with bandwidth, eq, antenna, and many other parameters. I use it every time I’m on the air.

There are many other features beside memories, like programmable hot keys.

• IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭

thanks to you too.

but I believe in my humble opinion that resorting to external applications is wrong. Maybe I have been used badly by KE9NS PowerSdr which puts everything at your disposal All in one and this is one of the reasons I often use my 5000A and very rarely SSDR with my flex 6400.

another inconvenience that through SSDR you cannot send any DX spot except through another application, not even through Slice master.

Tnx anyway

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, there are several immature areas in the flex software, and no updates in sight.

• IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021

actually I never understood why it lacks some trivial functions

it will be their company policy. I will continue to use my old flex5000a also having direct support and exchange of views on the functionality of the sw with Darrin KE9NS. great person always present

• Maybe Flex will give us a Christmas present in the form of a bug fixed / function enhanced software update to say thank you to its long suffering customer base.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Eric,

As my dad used to say " don't hold your breath waiting! "

• IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭

I know the saying, but I don't understand the connection

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

It means if you hold your breath waiting on Flex Radio to come out with new software you could be waiting a long time and you could pass out. Hoping for new/improved software from Flex Radio is a waiting game. And they hold all the cards. My feelings are this, if you have issues with the current software as I do, then you can find work arounds for those issues and accept the fact that FRS may never fix them. Or, find another Radio that meets your needs. I intend to purchase an Anan 7000DLE MKII at some point in time simply because the software for it contains better basic features than the equivalent in SmartSDR. And in some cases, that don't even exist in SmartSDR and should have years ago. I doubt I will ever sell my 6600M as there are many things I like about it. But, I no longer count on Flex Radio to fix basic features common to modern radios. YMMV

James

WD5GWY

• Ted S
    Ted S Member ✭✭

There have been numerous comments that the user base is willing to pay for these basic features. In my opinion because Flex offers premium tech support at no cost to the user, which is wonderful by the way, software stability is the name of the game and required in order to keep free support viable.

Since Anand develops no software nor offers any tech support, that ecosystem is not burdened with those costs. Likewise, when something better comes along the development community will move on leaving the installed base stranded and unsupported.

Users will have to decide what they want, a regular stream of new software features and being on your own when something doesn't work, or premium tech support where new software features will be more limited. Eventually a major software update will be necessary in order for the product line to remain competitive, I just don't think the competition has come far enough along just yet to make that happen, but they are getting ever closer.

Ted, WR4T

• IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭

this is the reason why I use a lot of more KE9NS with the 5000a without finding any difference between the two machines but with a much more complete software

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Ted,

Apache labs does offer tech support for their hardware. Software issues are handled through their online web community. Developers for the software are accessible through their community as well as the support staff for the hardware. And they have one repair service here in the US to handle repair issues.

Hardware wise, I think the Flex radios are better constructed and have better specs. But, on the software side, specifically things like Noise Reduction , Automatic Notch Filter and all mode Squelch, the software for the Apache labs radios is more advanced. Plus, Diversity Reception, Beam Steering and on the transmit side, Pure Signal ( Adaptive Pre-Destortion ) are features Flex Radio may never have or offer an equal set of functionality.

Because of the hardware design and thin pipe approach that FRS uses, the hardware is great. And doesn't require a well spec'd computer to work well with a Flex Radio. And even with all the software shortcomings, SmartSDR is a more refined GUI and easier to set up and use. All of this is what frustrates me. Flex Radio comes close to being the best SDR on the market. Yet, for some reason, years have passed and BASIC FEATURES don't work like they could or should. They ONLY reason the Apache labs radios don't outsell the Flex radios is they take more effort to set up than a Flex and until Andromeda finally hits the market, they have no equivalent to the Flex M model radios. Once that happens and if it proves to be easier to set up than their current line of transceivers, then FRS may start to feel some competitive heat.

As for the pay vs free software thing, I don't mind paying for FULL upgrades to get new features. But, I would be greatly upset if I had to pay to get basic features and functions working or, finally added to SmartSDR and the firmware.

James

WD5GWY