Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Drop Out

Options

I have a 6700, PGXL & Ant. Genius --- When I Xmit on 20M using High Pwr everything drops out.

This only happens on 20M all other bands no problem.

I have added ferrites to everything ie; PC pwe, Ethernet, all ham equipment Enet & pwr.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Dan, RFI can be tricky to figure out. I usually start by disconnecting stuff to see if I can figure out where it is getting in. In my most recent case, it was coming in on my keyer lines. My paddles, straight key and key out lines all had to be disconnected, and now I have no issues on any band, any power.

Now that I have the culprits identified, I will add ferrites (and maybe additional bypass caps) to them when they arrive from Palomar. Sometimes the RF path is not at all obvious. I have had cases where non-ham equipment was part of the path, and when disconnected from power, everything else started working properly again. If you don't find it easily, start looking at other gear.

Sometimes, if your antenna is very close (e.g. attic ant), snap on ferrites don't do any good. You may need to get a donut ferrite and wrap several turns of the offending cable through it. Unfortunately, there is no one, easy answer to RFI...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.