Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Elecraft KRC2 band decoder and flex radio

Hi everyone,

I used an elecraft KRC2 band decoder to drive an antenna switch with my ts-480 remote set up before I came to flex. I am now setting up a second remote station and wish to use the KRC2 with my spare 6300, but I cant get it to work.

I have the KRC2 set up for Kenwood 4800 Bd CAT. I have an official USB-serial cable also set up for 4800 baud CAT in Smartsdr. I am using a back to back female DB9 adapter to attach the male db9 to the KRC2.

Has anyone got a KRC2 to work with their flex? Does it need the extra wires soldering inside like Kenwood does?

Steve, M0BPQ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.