Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW TX Hang Condition

Options
Joe N3HEE
Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
edited November 2021 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I am able to replicate the TX hang condition using N1MM, FRLogger and CWX. If you send a CW character with a paddle connected to internal keyer before the TX delay time expires the TX ready will hang. Radio will not switch over to RX. To clear the hang condition you can either resend the FRLogger, CWX or N1MM macro again or press the esc key on the PC keyboard.

There is also a TX hang condition when sending CW via N1MM that happens more randomly. It happened at least six times during ARRL SS CW last weekend. I believe this is also a timing issue however I am not able to replicate this condition. This hang condition can be corrected by sending a single dit with paddle connected to internal keyer in radio. This hang condition causes all kinds of confusion when trying to complete a QSO when not realizing the TX is hung.

I will report this to Flex support. I would really like to see these bugs squashed ASAP as they are becoming show stoppers for CW contesting !

Joe

N3HEE

Comments

• Hel, OE8TTR
    Hel, OE8TTR Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Joe!

I have the same "problem" here and have tried everything possible to avoid this condition if possible - in the end actually always with the same result of the hanging tx/rx switching - happens by the way also with an external keyer and not only with the internal one...

BUT it happens reproduceable only 1x (back to RX via ESCAPE or CWX, ec.) - after that no such hang is reproduceable anymore - but very well after QSY (same band) or a short break...

What I actually accidentally noticed is that the TX signal via CWX, etc. is absolutely clean in the waterfall and the one sent via internal or external keyer looks much broader and less clean - regardless of power and/or settings...

FlexRadio has to improve there surely some (As with many other, long overdue gimmicks, Hi).

Hel, OE8TTR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.