Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

IPAD not connectingSmartlink

Jim S
Jim S Member ✭✭
edited November 2021 in SmartSDR for iOS
Hello all,

New 6600 owner here with a lot to learn.

6600, SDR, DAX and CAT run on a Win7 desktop.
I can connect to the rig via Smartlink on local LAN using my Win10 laptop.

Using an IPAD I get available radios:
Smartlink (In Blue) Flex6600 with outside IP
And
Flex 6600 with inside IP ofthe rig - Choosing either one I get:

I then get the "Tools" popup - This feature needs to be unlocked...
I then go to tools - flex radio access and click restore and get a message
"Restore - nothing to restore"

Smartlink status in settings is confirmed. I also tried fixed IP in Settings - LAN mode.
App ver. - V5.0.2 D4.0.1
IPAD OS - 14 (I noticed there is 14.8.1 and 15.1 now available.)
Ports are forwarded
SDR - V3.2.39
Win 7

Any help appreciated.
Jim - K6JS

Best Answer

Answers

• PaulP
    PaulP Member ✭✭

Good afternoon Jim, I am also experiencing the same type of problem. The SmartLink software shows my 6300 available at an IP address. When I click on it I get the spinning wheel and an error message saying that the server is unavailable. It’s been that way all day after several tries. My question is where is that IP address? Is it on my router or is it on a flex server somewhere in the country?

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

SmartLink is only used for remote connections. If your computer or Maestro or iPhone is on the same LAN segment as the radio, then you just do a connect, not a SmartLink connect. If you are having problems getting it working, I highly recommend submitting a helpdesk ticket. The Flex support staff is very knowledgeable and will be able to help you to get connected properly.

• Jim S
    Jim S Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Do I have to purchase the IOS version of SDR? Does a license for IOS SDR come with the rig?

I get the same results when I try to connect locally (on same LAN). Tried fixed IP also.

Thanks,
    Jim K6JS
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes the iOS version is a paid app from the app Store. It can be used on multiple devises that are on the same account. The free download is a demo version that has to be activated. Even though it was developed in cooperation with flex, it is not free like windows SmartSDR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.