Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

audio output - both speakers and PC Audio?

Options

How do I configure smartSDR to get slice audio out the speaker output (on the radio), and PC AUDIO on ssdr, concurrently? If I enable PC audio, radio speaker output is disabled, and visa-versa.

Flex 6700

ssdr: 3.2.39

thanks! 73, K6TD

Tagged:

Comments

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Go to task bar on PC windows app. Right click and I think you can open the volume mixer there.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

@K6TD It is one or the other by design. Getting them concurrently won't really work as there is a huge delay coming through Windows compared to coming from the speaker jack on the rig. Windows is not designed as a real-time operating system and makes no provision for prioritizing audio streams.

You can really see this effect if you connect a second computer (MultiFlex). Tune a slice on one computer to the same frequency and mode as a slice on the other computer. Now turn on PC Audio on one of the computers. The latency you hear is the time that Windows takes to process the audio.

On CW, it becomes impossible to understand the code. On phone, it gets very tiring very fast trying to listen to the two audio streams and what sounds like a huge echo.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.