Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Changing frequency on "B" slice

Both A and B receivers active.
I want to change freq on the B receiver.
I tap on B’s frequency.
The receiver pane for B appears as expected.
Now input a new band.
The receiver pane switches to A (strange!) and its band is changed and B becomes inactive.
The only way to change freq on B and keep it active is to input a new freq with the number pads. In this case the receiver pane stays on B as expected.

Normal? Doesn't seem right.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I think this is intended behavior. When you select a band, it remembers what slices were open the last time you were there. As an experiment, go to the new band and open two slices. Go back to the original band and select Slice B and go to the new band. Now you will see both slices open in the new band, not one slice open in one and one in the other. It is the action of the band selector that you are seeing. This is why typing in a new frequency leaves both slices open in different bands on the same panadapter.

Generally, when I want to be on two bands at once, I open a second panadapter. Then I think things behave more like you were expecting. Does that make sense?

• WØYVA
    WØYVA Member ✭✭
    Interesting! Thanks for the comments - you are exactly right! With two panadapters open band/freq changes are as expected. I would never have figured that out! HI

This community is invaluable.

73, Bob, WØYVA
  • va7qi
    va7qi Member ✭✭

Well, that brings up a question: How do I know if the slice I am seeing on B is a new slice for the same ADC or a slice on the second ADC? This relates to my 6600M, not the remote software. If I change to a different band on B and it is using the same ADC as A, then it will switch off the bandpass filters, which I don't want.

Since I normally do not want more than two slices active, I would really like to prevent sharing the ADC when I start slice B. I have not found a way to do that.

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Erik, you know based on the antenna port selected. Each antenna port is connected to its own SCU on the 6600. So if Slice A is on Ant1 and Slice B is on Ant2, then you are on different SCUs (and therefore different ADCs).

• va7qi
    va7qi Member ✭✭

Hi Len,

Understood. I'll have to play a little more with it - tomorrow. Too much time on 10 m and chasing the DXspeditions on a few other bands.

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.