Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Updating Maestro that was unplugged for a while

Mike VE3CKO
Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in Maestro

A friend of mine had his Maestro A stored away due to moving and asked me to get it going. So I followed the Maestro “A” Internal Battery Charging Procedure, and it powers up as per norm. The problem is that I am trying to update the Maestro software to the latest 3.2.39 and during the update process Pass 1:

"This update could take a long while; please be patient and o not interrupt the process"

I get a continuous message, "Initializing" then "Waiting for Internet (retry #)", the number keeps increasing. Went pass 800 retries.

Something may went wrong during the beginning of the update and it got stuck in this loop? I powered down, made sure the WiFi connection was forgotten, and then connected directly to router via ethernet cable. Same thing, I let it keep trying passed 1000 retries.

I don't see any posts related to software downloading issues so likely not the server.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Mike, there were some issues getting a Maestro A up to 3.2.39. I would put in a helpdesk ticket and let Flex help you through whatever it is that they do to get the A version upgraded and working again.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Len. I'll submit a helpdesk ticket. I also have a Maestro A and never had that problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.