Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro and Radiosport RS55SL headset: what's the right profile?

hello all in Flex-land: I have a Maestro and an RS55SL headset with mic I bought from Flex.

There's no default profile for the RS55SL built into the Maestro. I'm testing with the RadioSport DX M207 profile (which I chose because it was at the top of the list) and it seems to work... but are there any more concrete suggestions anyone might offer?

THANKS
-peter K3IB

Answers

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, Peter, personally i’m skeptical of the benefits of many of the mic profiles. The type of operation, ragchew, Dax, contest, etc. influence the type and amount of audio processing. Also, determining the actual frequency response of a microphone can be more challenging that measuring the frequency response of other equipment, not to mention individual voice characteristics.

Using reports off the air has a lot of variables depending on the settings of the distant station

Since I do mostly DX type operating, I use a flat eq., transmit bandwidth 300-3000 hz, and lots of compression for maximum “punch”, which would probably sound harsh in a ranches qso

If what you are using seems to work, don’t fix it without good reason

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

You need to adjust your profile according to your voice and it's characteristic. Several tips "how to" using FDX f.ex. if you search this community. For me a couple of You Tube videos by Mike, VA3MW, did the trick. Try f.ex this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdFeTzPo14w Flexadio You Tube channel is full of superb videos and "How To" by Mike et all.

Johan, SE3X

I'm using the Arlan Radiosport RS60CF head-set, by tweaking it using FDX, I have made my own profiles. Sounds great I'm told.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I agree with Johan. Another source of great videos is Ken Wells, NM9P. Do a search of his call on YouTube and you will find some excellent videos on the topic.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.