Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 11 release date October 5th

Options
David Decoons, wo2x
David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi all

Microsoft is scheduled to release Windows 11 tomorrow, October 5th. The hardware requirements require newer hardware and there is a compatibility tool you can run from their site to see if your computer is capable and supported.

I am running an i9 11900 CPU and MSI Z590 motherboard. I was able to enable TPM2.0 in the bios (a requirement for Windows 11). I backed up my C drive and installed Windows 11. All of my ham programs, including SmartSDR 3.2.39 are working correctly.

Just a heads up for those thinking of making the jump. I do suggest backing up your system before upgrading, just in case. Also for those whose hardware is not compatible and perform workarounds to install Windows 11, there is no guarantee everything will work correctly.

Dave wo2x

Comments

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    Options

I have expirienced with WIN11 , Notebook UX582LR (ASUS) with i9 CPU and Flex6700

First installation was with BSOD/GSOD, i have investigated differents cases due to:

1. Was installed already other VAC https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/
    2. I am using remote systems with many external USB-COM converters connected via https://www.silextechnology.com/connectivity-solutions/device-connectivity/ds-510
    3. Was installed already other ELTIMA vitrual drivers

In my case first installation with BSOD/GSOD was even incompleted - not all files are copied

BSOD/GSOD reason - PageFault with portcls.sys involvement , problem source - DAX drivers (minidump analisys)

Second isntallation attempt was also with negative end.

In my case (btw very strange) reason of the problem was connected to the system FlexControl - That case i remember was at beginning of the SmartSDR and really i forget with such problem.

i have disconnected FLexControl - installation completed !

After again a first time GSOD the next restart and boot up error free and system working properly, for i have checked WIN consistency with DISM and SFC after all steps.

Nowadays:

all mentioned SW works well with SMARTSDR 3.2.39 - no BSOD/GSOD

Windows 11 Home with latest SW update

----------------------------------------------

For sure any BackUp and restore point are necessary

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.