Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-6400M RTTY configuration

I have followed the instructions in the SmartSDR manual (Mac version) but I can't get it work in RTTY; RTTY window does not show activity. Could someone explain to me what I should do to make it work properly?

Thank you for your assistance

V/R

Al

Best Answer

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓

Ensure that you have selected a channel (1) in the DAXIQ menu from the left-hand pull-out menu or the RX section in the Radio Controls page. Your selection should match the DAX channel setting at the top-right of the RTTY Tool display. Depress the RX button on the RTTY Tool page and you should see indications of noise and signals on the signal strength and Lissajous (XY) displays.

Answers

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭

SmartSDR for Mac has evolved at a quick pace. Beware that previous postings and observations from months ago may no longer be relevant as the program improves and bugs vanquished.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

Tried the RTTY capability of SSDR for Mac last night - very impressive. I don’t operate RTTY often, but this will allow me to do so without any FLDigi or other digital app setup when I do get the urge (or there is an RTTY contest and nothing else is on the bands :-)

• halmassey
    halmassey Member ✭✭

Thanks to the CQWW RTTY contest I became a much better RTTY operator over the last few days. I wish there was more RTTY on in the absence of a contest. It's a fun mode. I did this with MacSDR and a remote flex high atop the Rocky Mountains at a commercial repeater site.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

Greatly enjoyed RTTY back in the ‘60s and ‘70s. Still miss sending and receiving RTTY art.