Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Profile List API Command

Alan
Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

I have not been able to find a list of profiles using an API command.

I did find the mic profiles were included in the "sub radio all" packet, but nothing for the other profiles.

The wiki implies there is a command "profile <type> ???" command, to get profile info, but the wiki does not give any details.

Need help... Can anyone share the API method, sub or command, for getting profile lists?

Alan. WA9WUD

Best Answer

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The commands to obtain profile information taken from FlexAPI

profile global info

profile tx info

profile mic info

profile display info

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Alan, that tripped me up for a long time... I eventually figured it out. I am on a road trip getting home late tonight. I will post the profile API command when I get up tomorrow.

• KD0RC

Now that I am thinking about it, you might want to try profile list or profile list all. I will get you the actual commands tomorrow.

You need to bind to a GUI client to activate a profile, so I can give that to you as well. If you just want the list, then you don't need to bind to a GUI client.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Tried "profile list all" and "profile list". Did not work.

How do the developers know the commands? There is nothing in the wiki on getting a profile list!

Alan

• KD0RC

Yep, a definite hole in the documentation! Sorry my memory is so bad... (maybe sub profile all???) I do have it working reliably and can even tell which profile is currently active.

I will be interested to see what you are doing. You, Dave and Mike have done some really creative things with Node Red.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Mark

I have enough to work on my profiles. My primary continues to be FRStack for profiles, but I wanted to make my own too.

What I found:

• "profile global" response received
    • "profile tx info" no response, but, tx profiles were in the "sub radio all" vita49 packet
    • "profile mic info" response received
    • "profile display info" no response

I am good for now.

Alan. WA9WUD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.