Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Red Light flashing and please wait on my 6400M Screen

Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

I turned on my 6400M and the green light started to flash and got a Please Wait in the center of the screen. Now it has changed to a Red Light flashing with the same Please Wait Screen. I pressed the Version and press the current version and now I get Update Complete. Select a radio to run. I pressed OK and I still get the Red Light and the Please Wait message. The Red Light flashes in increments of 3 quick flashes.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Answers

• I sent in a HelpDesk Request. Probably too late to hear from Flexrado today.

• I’ve had that happen to me a couple of times and found if I shut the rig down, removed the Ethernet cable and rebooted it was able to boot up. I shut it back down and plugged the Ethernet cable back in and turned it on and all was good. My understanding is three flashing red lights may indicate an SD card corruption if I’m not mistaken. This process however, has worked for me twice in the past. Worth a try at least to see if it works for you.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

You have experienced a boot failure. The correct thing to do is put in a Helpdesk ticket. You can try a factory reset if you wish, although that rarely fixes a boot failure.

If you are experiencing the three red flashes, pull the DC power, wait 5 or ten seconds, plug it back in, then WAIT 2 minutes for all low level hardware to come up, then press the power button until it turns white. It will reboot with default factory settings. If it still fails to boot, you have not much choice other than to wait for Flex support to get back to you.

• Jeff, I tried your theory and it didn't work. Ted, I tried your possible solution and am now getting the 3 Red Light flashes and the Please Wait... in the middle of the screen. It could be the SD Card. I had the radio running Saturday thru Sunday with no issues. But then again I never turned it off. I'm sure if I would have done that, this probably would have happened earlier. If it is an SD Card issue, I sure hope it's an easy thing to fix. It bums me out that something like this would happen in less than a weeks time of having the radio.

Mark KB3Z

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

Mark, are you running the latest software, either 2.7.6, or 3.2.39? If yes, and that was all the radio has ever run, it would seem there is something going on that is not the old SD card corruption failure. The corruption to the SD card was apparently caused by older software (not v1).

• Ted,

It has always ran 3.2.39. I have yet to hear from Flexradio. And I really can’t do much today because I am going to work today.So I will have to coordinate with customer service after 4:00 EST.

Mark KB3Z

• schacterfoto
    schacterfoto Member ✭✭

This happened to me 9 days after receiving my new radio. Turned out the problem was a faulty ADC card. Had to ship the 6400M back to the factory for repair.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.