Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 fails to start up

I tried to restart my 6700 yesterday and it goes into Calibrating but never initializes so it eventually times out. I tied disconnecting the 12VDC for an extended period of time but no change. I also tried to do a factory reset but it would not take. A trouble ticket was submitted, but I am open to any thoughts on what might be the issue. The SD card was replaced several years ago. Could this be the issue again?

Answers

• Dennis Wage
    Dennis Wage Member ✭✭

Make sure you do a complete reset following these steps per Tim Ellison.

Perform a Comprehensive Cold Boot and Factory Reset of the radio

Please pay attention to the "wait times" that are part of the steps listed below. These are important to ensure the radio resets properly.

• Power off the radio by pressing and releasing the power button. Allow it to completely power down before continuing by waiting for the power LED to turn off (or amber if a GPSDO is installed). If pressing and releasing the power button does not shut down the radio, press and hold the power button until the radio shuts down.
    • Once the radio is powered off, wait for 2 minutes to allow for all processors to properly shut down.
    • Remove the power cable from the radio for at least 30 seconds and then reconnect it. It is important to remove the power cable from the radio and not just turn off the power supply. 
    • After reconnecting the DC power cable, wait for 2 minutes to allow for the internal PSoC processor to boot up completely before continuing.

For FLEX-6700 and FLEX-6500:

• Press and hold the OK button while pressing and releasing the Power button.
    • Release the OK button once the power LED turns white and allow the radio to continue booting normally.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.