Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

warm up Flex 6400

may I ask you how long does your flex 6400 take before it is operational? When I turn on my flex until the flashing light ends it takes 2 minutes and 17 seconds

Comments

• Dom wa2got
    Dom wa2got Member ✭✭

Hello. Funny that you ask. I just timed my 6400 startup and shutdown. This is what I got. I won't know what would cause your 6400 to be longer, sorry. Both times are from when the button is depressed.

Shutdown - 12 seconds, startup - 41 seconds.

Domenick - WA2GOT, 73s

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

One thing that affects the startup time is whether or not you are using DHCP to obtain an IP address.

If you plug your computer directly into the radio (no DHCP), it takes longer because the radio waits for a DHCP address. After a timeout period, it uses a default value and does the connect.

I believe that it is this timeout that accounts for the longer boot time.

I haven't timed mine, but it does take noticeably longer when directly connected ("Field Day" mode).

• IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021

Shutdown 12 seconds for me too. But startup no less 2.16. I noticed this after the upgrade of v. 2.7.6

• Mike-N1VE
    Mike-N1VE Member ✭✭

My FlexRadio 6400 takes over two minutes to boot up. Once it's booted up I turn on and boot up the Maestro. The process takes much too long for my liking.

• IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭

I asked other friend of mine in italy and 3 owners of 6400 have different boot up time.

Could be different pc processor?

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭

i leave my power supply on and boot is about 10 seconds or so,

• IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭

Are u sure?

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭

This morning first boot: 2 minutes

PS on ovenight, 6400 shutdown overnight

Ethernet direct to computer, computer running normally, DHCP (? hmmm)

SSDR not started. latest ver .39

There are what sounds like three relays picking up just a few seconds before boot completion. Relays are normal I beleive. Prior to that green flashing about 1 second interval.

I suppose this is normal 6400 behavior.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Lionel, sounds about the same as mine. Ethernet directly to computer takes a bit longer than when connecting using DHCP. I attribute this to the radio waiting for the DHCP served address before it times out and grabs the generic IP address.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.