Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I need instructions on how to connect an external cw keyer to a Flex6600M

Options
looking in the flex6600M documentation I can not find instructions on how to connect an external keyer to a Flex6600M, I would like to connect the begali CW machine to my 6600M, Does anyone know how this can be done.

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Rodney, just connect a 1/8 inch plug from the paddles or an external keyer to the key jack on the back of the rig. If it is paddles, select Iambic, if it is a keyer, turn Iambic off.

This screen is from SmartSDR, so you will have to look in the manual to find the corresponding control for your 6600M if you want to use the front panel. Note that you need to be in CW mode to change this parameter.

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options

From Sec 20.5 of the 6400M/6600M User Guide (“How to connect an external keyer using the accessory connector”):

In CW mode, the Key input on the FLEX-6000 rear panel accessory connector (pin 4) can be used as a straight key input. This is useful if you wish to attach an external keyer, such as a K1EL WinKeyer, microHAM microKEYER, or another contest-oriented interface. This input is always active and is not affected by internal keyer settings. It’s therefore possible to use both the external keyer and the internal keyer at the same time.

• RodneyT
    RodneyT Member
    Options
    Thanks for all responses to this question, I will try implementing the accessory jack solution as this lets me still use the built in keyer in 6600M.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.