Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DSP for Mac audio???

Options

Hello all,

I'm running a 6500 into my Imac and using a set of Bose speakers. This is a nice setup and is working well.

I have been thinking of complimenting the SSDR DSP with a stand alone DSP unit such as one of the Wimo, bhi or West Mountain Radio units to decrease QRM. I live smack dab in the middle of Chicago 4 feet from neighbors on both sides and have to deal with A LOT of QRM.

I regularly have S7+ noise.

Since I'm running MAC software into speakers connected to my MAC is there not a piece of software that could do the same thing as a stand-alone unit but with software instead of hardware?

Any ideas?

73's

Jeff

KG9LD

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Jeff, one thing to consider is a noise canceller. I have the Timewave ANC-4, but MFJ makes one as well (MFJ-1026). I use mine at home and in my 5th wheel camper where the RV electronics are horrendous noise-makers. I keep a noise antenna permanently in the camper so that I just have to plug it in when I fire up my station.