Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FT8 volume control

Is there anyway to adjust mic volume on Ft8 as I haven't found it yet?
Other is there any plans to put a SStv prog on board the Mac Smartsdr ?

Comments

• davidsmart
    davidsmart Member ✭✭
    Anyway to adjust TX volume?
  • Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin

Adjust the TX Audio Level in the DAX Control Panel, TX Streaming slider.

For WSJT-X, I usually set it to 44-46 in order to prevent ever overdriving the radio's TX Audio input, even if the WSJT-X Slider is cranked all the way up.

BTW: Always use DIGU mode, not USB. DIGU turns off the PROC and TX EQ and other things so that you don't add distortion. It also allows you to configure a Mic Profile JUST for Digital modes, that is kept separate from your Microphone Profile used for Phone modes.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

As Ken said, use DIGIU. Also put WSJT-X power slider to maximum and set DAX TX to 48.

The peak indicator on level meter will hover just before zero and remain Yellow, not red.

Check your TX bandwidth. Set it to 0 to 3000, then no need to use Fake It or Split modes in WSJT-X radio setup. But make sure to set to Digi.

Dave wo2x

• K4XD
    K4XD Member
    I have followed these instructions. At times I have had people tell me I am overdriving and splattering on the band. Are the spikes on the spectrum display normal or an indication of a problem?