Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is the difference between Standby and Bypass?

Options
AF3K
AF3K Member ✭✭
edited August 2021 in Tuner Genius XL

From reading the preliminary documentation I'm not sure I understand the difference between Standby and Bypass modes.

The manual says "In Standby and Bypass modes, the tuner does not modify incoming or outgoing signals." A few sentences later the manual says "In Standby mode, the tuner disconnects from all antennas. As a result, tuning solutions that may be applied while receiving are not applied."

So what is the purpose of each mode? What is happening in Bypass mode that is not happening in Standby mode?

Thanks in advance!

73, John AF3K

Best Answer

• Dan-N7HQ
    Dan-N7HQ FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

In Standby, the unit is completely bypassed (i.e., the Tuner Genius XL does not process band data from connected exciters, and the directional coupler is inactive).

In Bypass mode, band data is processed and displayed, plus the directional coupler is active, allowing users to read forward power and SWR.

In both modes, the tuner (pi match) components are bypassed.

Dan, N7HQ

Answers

• AF3K
    AF3K Member ✭✭
    Options

Perfect. Very helpful. Thank you Dan!

John, AF3K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.