Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Split Operation

Options
KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Split operation with my 6400 using SmartSDR is a dream! Being able to see the pileup visually on the panadapter and quickly jump into a little open spot is priceless. I managed JW0W (Svalbard) on 20 CW tonight. Only took three calls to nab him.

I have operated a fair number of radios in split mode, but this is the first one that REALLY makes it easy and fast. The ability to zoom in to separate the pileup is fantastic. Hearing both frequencies is also a huge benefit. Having never owned a rig with two receivers before, it feels like magic when you hear both sides, and know for sure who the DX is working and therefore exactly where he last listened.

I have had this rig a year and a half, and it never ceases to amaze me!

Tagged:

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Yes. Cracking pileups is definitely easier when you can see and hear where the DX is working. I managed to get Mt Athos the other night on 40 thanks to the Flex.

you can have the biggest amps and biggest antenna but if you are calling where they are not listening, they will not hear you.

Now to praise the top DX’ers before panadapters - the top dogs knew how to really operate! Timing and learning the DX station’s pattern. That still holds true today. The stories I heard from senior members of NJDXA when I first joined (I’m now President). Unfortunately we lost the last three founding members in the last year (founded in 1958).

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.