Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Just Curiosity!

YV5WZ
YV5WZ Member ✭✭

Hello!

I've been absent for a while, hope all you and your families be well & health

I'm really surprised by the flexradio community website refreshment, I found I have been a member since 2015 and got 6 cakes labels...nice touch! Congrats to the Flex crew!!

I've been absent from Flex Community but Radio.

I just obtained my license and General class at the U.S. as KO4RDR and aiming to Extra for Next month, this is my fourth callsign...😁

I'm curious, do you hold more than one callsign??

Greetings! my friends 😊

George

YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ / HC1OOT& / KO4RDR

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

[Edit to correct typo]

Many Canadian hams have two VE or VA callsigns - one original 3 character callsign, and a two character callsign if they can get one (almost impossible now). Personally, I have two callsigns - my original VE3 callsign and its corresponding VA3 callsign. That way there is no confusion with the VA3 callsign belonging to one person and the same VE3 callsign belonging to someone else.

I also know a number of Canadian hams who also have US callsigns they use when traveling in the US. Of course for that you need a US address, and with the US / Canadian reciprocal agreement, there is not much incentive to have both US and Canadian callsigns.

My take on it anyway.

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭

Thank you, Ted!!

Good to know!!

I guess I wouldn't mind having a Canadian Callsign, I'd say I'd love it!! even with a US/Canadian reciprocal agreement

my callsign number five, sadly I don't have an address in Canada 😁