Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Snap to tune step...why no longer persistent?...

As in Settings/Ratio Setup/RX/"Snap to tune step"...

Why is it not persistent as it was in all previous versions?

I have to go in and re-enable this every time I start my radio session.

I mentioned this in the forums before, but nobody cared.

Maybe it's just important to me?

Oh well.

Best Answer

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Len, I already received a reply on the ticket. Looks like they couldn't work through a problem it was causing on the Maestro, so they resolved it by disabling it for everybody...

Mike,

Thank you for using the HelpDesk. Now let's get started addressing your issue.

This is not a defect. The Snap to Tune feature was permanently disabled in the more recent versions of SmartSDR due to unexpected behavior when tuning with a mouse or the VFO knob on an M model or Maestro where the tuning would actually tune erratically under certain circumstances. 

Since your issue regarding this support ticket has been addressed, I am submitting your HelpDesk ticket to be closed at this time. If you need additional assistance or have any follow-up questions regarding this support incident, you can re-open this ticket simply by replying to it and we'll continue working with you on your issue.

Thanks for using the FlexRadio HelpDesk. We're here to help when you need us.

Tim Ellison, W4TME

Customer Experience Manager

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Mike, I just played around with this, and it is indeed not persistent. In fact, I don't see any difference whether it is enabled or not. So if I use a different device to change the frequency in 10 Hz steps, then use the mouse wheel in SmartSDR to tune in 100 Hz increments, it does a snap to tune step regardless of the Snap to Tune Step setting. I so seldom change the tune step in SmartSDR that I never noticed this phenomenon.

I am using a Flex 6400 with SmartSDR 3.2.39 running on a Win 10 laptop. What are you using? In your case, when the feature is disabled, does it actually snap to the step increment anyway? I would be interested to see if you and I are seeing different behavior.

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭

Hi Len:

So nice to hear back from someone on this issue. I had felt very alone and abandoned on this! LOL

I'm on a 6300. When I see that it has reset itself to disabled, and then change it to enabled, indeed it does work. It does do what it says it is supposed to do..."snap to tune."

I notice that it is not working and then I know I need to go back in and look at it. Sure enough, it is back on "disabled," as per usual, and then the games begin again.

It seems like it is such a simple bug, and hopefully a simple tweak to fix. However, apparently nobody uses it except for you and me, so nobody will acknowledge it as a legitimate issue to fix.

Understandably, the boys in the factory have had much bigger fires to put out lately. Nonetheless, it would be nice to know it has at least made it to a list "to be fixed" somewhere in the establishment.

Thanks again for making me feel sane!

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭

PS Len, to fully answer your question...for me also Win 10 with SmartSDR 3.2.39, but on a desktop.

• KD0RC

OK, so that is interesting. Mine does snap to step regardless of the setting of the parameter. Yours honors the parameter, but is just not persistent. I will do a factory reset a little later today and see if that changes the behavior at all.

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭

As part of the resolution process for a few other problems, I have had to perform a factory reset a number of times recently. For me at least, it did not resolve the non-persistent snap to step defect.

• KD0RC

I just did a factory reset, and before I re-imported my profiles, I did the same test. The results were exactly the same as before. I get snap to step functionality whether I have Snap to tune step enabled or not. Like you, it is not persistent; shutting down SmartSDR disables Snap to tune step.

So Mike and I have the same persistence issue, but different Snap to tune step behavior. Mike is on a 6300, I am on a 6400 and we are both on 3.2.39 running on Win 10. What are others experiencing?

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭

Len, how do we get this on the list of fixes? Do you, or I, need to open a ticket?

Mike

• KD0RC

Hi Mike, if you can open a ticket on the persistence, I will do some more experimentation on why mine behaves differently from yours before I submit a ticket. I have a bad habit of discovering the true root of a problem after I submit a ticket...

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭

Len, fyi...I submitted this as a ticket tonight and referenced this thread.

"Your request (#45438) has been received, and is queued to be reviewed by our support staff shortly.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:"

http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/requests/45438

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.