Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Listening two band independently

Options
Good evening,
I have been using a 6400M for a few days. I cannot find in the manual how to listen with the Maestro to a band on receiver A with antenna 1 and listen to an another band with receiver B with antenna 2 independently.
Please tell me if it is possible or not directly on the Maestro.
Best regards, 73 to all and thanks for reply.
Francis

Best Answer

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Dear Francis, you have got the answer in Facebook. The 6400 only have one SCU, only one antenna at a time. You need a 6600 or the 6700 with two SCU to listen to two antennas at the same time.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Francis, the 6400 can listen to two frequencies on any bands simultaneously, but can only listen on one antenna at a time. This is because the 6400 only has one Spectral Capture Unit (SCU). The 6600 and 6700 have two SCUs, so they can listen to two antennas at the same time.

• Francis Pinson
    Options
    Hello, and thank you all for your answers and the time spent doing this.
    Indeed I am very disappointed because it is well stipulated on the advertisement for this device: "Its two receivers can be placed simultaneously on any band" It is well specified two receivers on the advertisement not? It is therefore false advertising and a scam. I also have a TS-990S which has 2 separate receivers, an IC-7610 as well, and an FTDX101MP as well. So I bought a 6400M to compare with the other transceivers and am therefore extremely disappointed because I like when with a receiver I decode FT8 to be able to listen on another band in CW or on the phone on another receiving antenna.
    So really very disappointed with this device because it does not keep what is promised.
    So thank you all for your insightful answers, take care of yourself and your families, 73 qro,
    Francis

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.