Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Front Panel Speaker Not Fully Muting

Options

I noticed this past weekend that I can still hear signals from the front panel speaker when the front speaker is disabled in software. The audio level is much lower but I can still hear signals. The level varies with the AF gain control. I can also hear the CW side tone (much lower) when front panel speaker is disabled. This happens both with controlling the radio with Smart SDR and when using the radio front panel. I think this started after 2.7.5 or 2.7.6 upgrade ?

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Joe, I have seen this and it turned out to be coming from my headphones. If you mute audio on the slice flag, all audio for the slice will be muted (speakers and headphones). If you mute the speakers using the upper right hand controls, the speakers for all slices will be muted, but the headphones will still be active.

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Len. That's what I thought I was hearing until I disconnected the headphones and still heard audio coming from front speaker on the radio when audio was muted.

• KD0RC
    Options

Do you, by chance, have a second slice open that is providing the audio? Or maybe a MultiFlex session open?

What radio model do you have?

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    Options

Single slice open. 6600M radio software version is 2.7.6

• KD0RC
    Options

The last thing that I can think of... Do you have a computer connected or are you running strictly off the front panel? Since you are on V2, MultiFlex is not in the picture, but I still wonder if there is some interraction between the front panel and a PC, Mac or other connected device.

If it is none of that, then you might try a factory reset. If that does not help, it is probably time for a helpdesk ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.