Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Video of Tuner Genius XL in dueling CQ SO2R

David Decoons, wo2x
David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

At Field Day I decided to try SO2R with 10 and 6 meters. 6600m and Tuner Genius XL set up with two instances of WSJT-X and N1MM+ calling CQ on each band on alternate time cycles. (Dueling CQ).

Pretty slick!

Dave wo2x

https://youtu.be/MMsCkEPY6O0

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@David Decoons, wo2x

That's just too cool!

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭

What is the SWR of the two antennas without the tuner inline?

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

Ummmm when did you receive?

I get it it’s just a demo

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Very cool Dave! I can barely keep up with one QSO at a time...

• David Decoons, wo2x

It was live, actually working stations. Radio in full duplex. One instance of WSJT-X on odd cycle TX and then other on even cycle TX. So when 10 meters was receiving six meters was transmitting and vice versa. Sunday morning both bands were open so I was able to rack up quite a few Qs.

5 element 6 meter beam was 1.4:1 and G5RV was 2.3:1 in bypass. I could have bypassed the tuner for six but left it in circuit.

There was no interaction between the bands. One leg of the G5RV was about 6 feet from the 6 meter Yagi.

• Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭

Dave,

Great video/demo! With this arrangement I imagine the TX is close to 100% duty cycle minus the few seconds of silence between RX and TX on each cycle?

I need to do this and up my contact rates if I can handle the mental stress…lol

Dave

• David Decoons, wo2x

Yes, after 1/2 hour at 100 watts I started seeing the 6 meter power drop about 20 watts. I took a break to let the radio cool down and put a small fan pointed on an angle at back of radio.

Normally I’d be using the Power Genius so drive power will be lower.

SO2R does generate heat!

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.