Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to remote in to PC collated with radio

Options

I've set up a workstation at home that can handle the Flex 6700 max number of panadapters plus multiple instances of 3rd party applications for digital QSOs, so instead of running SmartLink on my laptop, I want to remote in to my home workstation.

I've tried TeamViewer v15.18.5 and AnyDesk 6.3.2 free license , but have not been able to send my headset mic audio from my laptop to the workstation. I also tried DF3CB's RemAud v2.1, but likewise could not send the headset audio to the workstation for Windows sound control panel to select as the standard input device and standard output device that are used by SSDR v3.2.39. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Connection was able to send the headset audio, but DAX would not work over it. DAX did work TeamViewer and AnyDesk, so they can be used for all digital operation.

Has anyone been able to use the home QTH Windows PC running the current SSDR v3 from a remote Windows PC, and use it for phone and digital?

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Doug, I have had problems getting audio across using TeamViewer and other similar products as well. I finally changed course a bit and now have a laptop at home running various control programs (logger, DDUtil, rotator control, etc).

I run SmartSDR over SmartLink from the camper so that I have a fast, solid connection with good audio. I use TeamViewer to control my rotator, DDUtil, SmartSDR CAT, and anything else running on the home computer.

The trick that I just found was to run SoftEther Server on both computers, and use the Cascade Connections option to link the servers. This gives me the ability to connect my TeensyMaestro using the SoftEther VPN.

In your case, you may not need the SoftEther VPN, Just use SmartSDR with SmartLink to control the radio, and TeamViewer (or similar) to control the other programs. Be sure to start SmartSDR first, then using TeamViewer, start SmartSDR CAT on the computer sited with the radio. Select the station connected by SmartLink, and everything will play together nicely.

I hope this all makes sense...

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    Options

Len,

Very interesting, but I need SSDR with multiple panadapters and the multiple digital third party programs (WSJT-X, etc) running on the workstation at home, since they either connect to DAX or to a third-party program that does. My laptop just won't handle that load, and doesn't have the multiple screens. But TeamViewer or AnyDesk would allow viewing any one of multiple screens.

Thanks for the reply.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

On the home PC did you select PC audio? That should then play receive audio over the PC speakers. TeamViewer can then hear the home PC audio on the remote PC. That should work fine for

If you want to transmit on SSB remotely then I suggest just using Smartlink with SmartSDR loaded on remote PC. not using home PC for SSB.

Dave wo2x

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    Options

Dave,

Indeed I this is precisely what I currently plan to do: on the remote laptop, use Anydesk for digital QSOs and SmartLink for voice QSOs (voice listening can be done with Any Desk also, to simultaneously monitor other frequencies). I discovered an issue with the latter using a 2m LDPA, but found a workaround for that (posted in another topic).

Thanks for your reply!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.