Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Reduced Receive

Options

From time to time I have noticed on the 6300 while using FT8 that following a TX cycle, the receive audio is reduced as if the T/R in not returning to receive 100%. It can be cleared back to normal receive by just a short tx with the tune button.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could this be an issue with the radio or SmartSdr? I am using v 2.7.6

Mac W8LMG

Answers

• Jeff_W4DD
    Jeff_W4DD Member ✭✭
    Options

Mac,

If you have any antenna switches in line try toggling them also.

• W8LMG
    W8LMG Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Jeff, I do use an Alpha Delta switch in the shack as well as an Ameritron RCS -10 remote switch. I will double check the connections at each. Thanks for your comment.

Mac W8LMG

• Jeff_W4DD
    Jeff_W4DD Member ✭✭
    Options

My RCS-8 gives me trouble from time to time. I need to migrate to something with sealed relays.

• W8LMG
    W8LMG Member ✭✭
    Options

Jeff, I had the RCS-8 for several years and replaced it with the 10 when I added additional antennas. So far I have not had any problems with the switch or relays, however, I have had to remove and reinstall a couple of the PL-259's and that resolved the issue. You know how fittings sometimes decided to not pass RF like they did on the last tx.

Mac W8LMG

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mac:

I had similar problems here operating QRP in the CQWW CW. I had a PL-259 that was lose. tightening it fixed the problem.

Gayle K0FLY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.