Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MAC gurus - Can two MAC apps look on a keyboard input simultaneously?

Mac gurus where are you?

I need to know if this is feasible. I need to use a single keyboard button press "arrow up or arrow down" to change radio 1 to radio 2 on a logger (which does not accept Flex API/CAT commands) and at the same time as I trigger change of TX slice from slice A to B in Smart SDR MAC. So there are two apps that needs to see this keystroke at the same time more or less.

With two buttons I can do it but after some 1500 presses on a contest I will be "exhausted"...:)

73s and thanking in advance SM0HRP

Tagged:

Comments

• WisconsinDan
    WisconsinDan Member
    Not sure on keyboard question, but have you looked at a shortcut using apples built in app or something like IFTT as well as other Mac shortcut ‘ scripting apps. You can combine multiple step operations into a trigger event or mouse click activated “app”
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Just use Automator. This is probably what WisconsinDan is referring to. It will combine your two keypresses into one, with or without interim delay.

• Thanks for the input. I just have rapidly looked at Automator but can it really automate keyboard strokes within an app and between several apps?

Most examples show launching of apps etc.

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

It does for me. You use the 'watch me do' automaton action.

• Thanks Erik, I have tried to do some "watch me do" automation but have not been able to get it to work. 😕