Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N1MM+ and temporary freeze

Ignacy
Ignacy Member ✭✭

During last WPX CW, twice CW memories in N1MM+ were frozen for a few seconds, e.g., pressing F2 did not send exchange until about 10 seconds later. Pretty embarrassing with a pileup. Did anybody experience such a problem?

Running Flex 6600. When contesting with 3.1.12, I would usually have 1-3 Flex crashes and a few instances of N1MM CW or voice memories stopping working altogether. Restarting N1MM+ was fixing the last issue. With 3.2.34, no crashes and only CW memory 2 holdups. So the new version seems to be cleaner. I downgraded from 3.2.37 to use Maestro locally.

Ignacy NO9E

Answers

• Ignacy
    Ignacy Member ✭✭

Today working causally using 3.2.34, I saw the panadapter freezing for a few seconds, with the sound coming out normally. I have not seen this in earlier versions. Just wondering whether the freeze also makes the CAT application unresponsive.

Ignacy NO9E

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭

Are you running WiFi to Maestro?

Might be your router acting up.

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

I had SSDR froze several times during WPX CW contest for about 10sec and then continued to refresh water flow after that.

This is nothing to do with router acting up as it happens to me with N1MM only. Never see it with other logger I run on a daily basis and full legal power. Also, N1MM continue other weirdness during CW contests - intermittently staying in TX after Macro send. Fixing it by sending one dit on keyer - it switch back to RX. Pretty annoying...

Sergey

• Ignacy
    Ignacy Member ✭✭

The freeze occurred in panadapter in SmartSDR for Windows. Before 3.2.34, any panadapter freeze would be followed by no sound and then crash. Now, the sound was normal during the freeze and then everything was OK.

Happened just twice in 15 hr operation. So no big deal. Just have a paddle ready.

Ignacy NO9E

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭

I have not not seen the freeze lately, but I'm on 2.4.10. The lock-up was plentiful when I ran 2.51 and 2.62, but seems to be fixed in later releases, and also in 2.4.10. My guess is that aborting a message sent by N1MM may leave the radio to expect someting that does not come, hence the lock-up.

Was running 2.4.10 and N1MM+ during the weekend and had zero issues. Radio and Maestro on cable to my router.

I have another SDR receiver running, but on WiFi and I do see stuttering from time to time, hence my question if WiFi was in the loop.

• Les Brown
    Les Brown Member ✭✭

Running SDR v3.2.34 on my Windows 10 machine and using N1MM, I have noticed that the SDR display freezes. If I mouse over the SDR window, it unfreezes. While frozen, I still have audio and can transmit and receive normally. It's just the SDR display that freezes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.