Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.2.39 and the SmartSDR v3.2.39 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.7.6 and the SmartSDR v2.7.6 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes | Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.6.21
Power Genius XL Utility v3.6.21 | Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.1
PGXL RFI suspect
I've moved somethings around and suddenly I've noticed the amp errors out on 40m do to high swr.
The antenna path is: Flex6600 to PGXL port A, Port A output to Palstar HFAUTO input, Ant 1 on Palstar though about 75 feet of LMR 400 to 2.4 to 1 Balun Designs Balun to 80m loop antenna suspended between the trees.
So I've done the following:
1) PGXL in standby: Tune Flex600 - HF Auto tunes to 1.2:1. Watch SWR as I increase power. No issues all the way to 100w.
2) PGXL online: Tune Flex6600 from 2 watts up to about 40w. Somewhere around 30w the PGXL will display HI SWR FIRM and drop out. The SWR rises. HOWEVER the Palstar still shows SWR of 1.2:1 during this process. This is intermittent and just now I tried it and it worked as expected.
3) PGXL direct into MFJ dummy load. Operation is as expected. No rise in SWR as power is increated.
4) PGXL through HF Auto tuner into MFJ dummy load. Operation as expected. The tuner first tuned the dummy load to 1:1 then power increase kept the SWR there. Bypass was the same. 1:1 and as much power as I wanted with no issue.
5) on 20m. PGXL through HF Auto, antenna tuned to 1:1.04. I can run as much power as desired and PGXL is happy.
When the issue occurs I do hear a buzz in my speakers. So I highly suspect RFI and I wonder if RFI is getting into the net cable causing the PGXL to freak out.
Anyway will keep looking. Wonder if anyone has seen this behavior before.
Leave a Comment
- 17.1K All Categories
- 100 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 212 The Flea Market
- 5.8K Software
- 5.1K SmartSDR for Windows
- 74 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 153 SmartSDR for Mac
- 166 SmartSDR for iOS
- 166 SmartSDR CAT
- 88 DAX
- 298 SmartSDR API
- 7.5K Radios and Accessories
- 6.1K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 596 Maestro
- 20 FlexControl
- 756 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 275 Genius Products
- 193 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 77 Tuner Genius XL
- 5 Antenna Genius
- 71 Shack Infrastructure
- 36 Networking
- 139 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 67 Contesting
- 208 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 73 Amateur Radio Interests
- 496 Third-Party Software