Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Issue with iPhone not connecting

[{"insert":"Hello All, \nI have had problems with my iPhone X not connecting to the radio via the phone carrier service. I had configured a reserved IP for the radio and set up port forwarding. Neither of those changes made any difference. The phone app connected to smart link, showed my radio available but did not actually connect to the radio. Uninstalling the app and reinstalling the app corrected the problem. \n"}]

Comments

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭

Mark,

Did you set the port forwarding in the router? Easiest to check using SmartSDR -> SmartLink, when you run the test you should get a green light, to let you know that you are forwarding through ports 4993 and 4994 on your router, make sure you hit the Save when you have successfully got ports forwarding

Dudley / WA5QPZ

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Dudley,

I had told Mark to do the uninstall and reinstall. A good friend also had the same issue with his iPad Pro. Only way to resolve it was to uninstall the app and download & install it from the app store.

Not sure why, but it fixed two issues that were not router/port forwarding related.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.